In an effort to provide additional guidance to the DC building industry (designers, developers, builders, contractors, third party plan reviewers, etc.) on complicated and/or unclear sections of the DC Energy Conservation Code and DC Green Construction Code, the DCRA Green Building Division is drafting a series of code interpretations. The first set of draft interprations for review may be found below. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/18/2017.
DRAFT CODE INTERPRETATIONS FOR REVIEW (12/1/2017)
2013 DC Green Construction Code*
- DC-GCC Square Foot Calculation Thresholds
- DC-GCC Determining Level 3 Alteration (IEBC)
- DC-GCC Occupancy Sensors in Corridors and Stairwells
- DC-GCC Automatic Daylighting Control Documentation
- DC-GCC Hot water Maximum Pipe Length
- DC-GCC Commissioning General Scoping
2013 DC Energy Conservation Code**
- DC-ECC (ASHRAE 90.1) Energy Modeling-Common Mishaps
- DC-ECC (ASHRAE 90.1) Heated Plenums
- DC-ECC Residential vs. Commercial Definition
- DC-ECC (ASHRAE 90.1) Corridor and Stairway Lighting Control
- DC-ECC Historic Exemption
*The following code interpretations involve the DC Green Construction Code, however, may also reference related sections of the DCMR 12-A.
**The following code interpretations involve the DC Energy Conservation Code, however, may also reference related sections of the DCMR 12-A.