Green and Energy Third Party Pilot Program
The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs Green Building Division is integrating the review and inspection of the DC Energy Conservation Code and Green Construction Code into the DC Third Party Program starting with a pilot program. As of March 15th, 2017 all new Notice of Intent (NOI) applications may indicate an approved Third Party Agency for either plan review or inspections. Beginning June 19th, 2017 all new NOI's for plan review will be required to indicate an approved Agency to conduct "energy review" and "green review" at plan review. To view a list of the approved Agencies click here. For more detailed instructions on the Notice of Intent process for plan review and inspections, see "resources" below.
Approved Energy and Green Third Party Agencies
All Third Party Agencies must be approved to participate as part of the Green and Energy Third Party Pilot Program. To view a list of the approved Agencies for the pilot program click here. Participating Agencies must comply with the following terms:
- Must attend or have attended DCRA-led Green and Energy Third Party Training for relative discipline (see below)
- Must provide evidence and/or obtain the minimum qualifications (for each discipline as applicable) by September 30th, 2017.
- If you are not already a registered Third Party Agency in the DCRA Third Party Program, please follow the new Agency guidelines in the DCRA Third Party Program Manual.
If your company is interested in becoming an approved Agency, please review terms and contact email@example.com
green and Energy third party Training
In early March 2017, DCRA hosted mandatory Green Code and Energy Code training for Third Party Agencies interested in participating in the pilot program. For those not able to attend but interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. DCRA will be hosting make-up training in the future.
Resources for third party agencies and owners
The following resources are for Third Party Agencies and Owners to help navigate new processes and protocols.
- Third Party Green/Energy Plan Review Process: This page describes the updated Notice of Intent (NOI) process for Third Party Plan Review, including the Green Determination Request and building permit take.
- Third Party Green/Energy Inspection: This page describes the updated Notice of Intent (NOI) process for Third Party Inspections.
- Certificate of Occupancy (coming soon): This page describes the third party green/energy requirements and responsibilities at certificate of occupancy review.