SOLAR PERMITTING Process Changes
DCRA is piloting two process changes (involving zoning and neighbor notifications) that promises to reduce the time it takes to permit solar systems in the District. See the notification below for details of the roll-out; the form is provided to apply for zoning self-certification:
Solar Permitting & Inspections
For guidance on DCRA solar permitting and inspections, including solar permitting fees, download the following guidelines.
- Solar Permitting Guidelines (PDF)
Sign up for our solar newsletter here
- Solar Advantage Plus Program - Program provides rebates to help low-income DC residents install solar panels on their homes.
- District of Columbia Solar Map - Estimate any property’s rooftop solar potential, costs, and environmental benefits
- Planning for Home Renewable Energy Systems
- PV WATTS Calculator - Estimate Your PV System's Electrical Output
- How Solar Water Heating Systems Work
- Federal Tax Credits Available for Solar and Energy Efficiency Projects (The District of Columbia does not offer tax incentives at this time.)
- How Solar Electric Systems Work
- Pepco - Green Power Connection
- Pepco Green Power Connection – Interconnection of PV systems
- DC Public Service Commission Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard Program – Register solar systems to generate and sell solar renewable energy credits (SRECs)